Find your place at Baker Tilly, the fastest growing accounting firm in Mauritius. We encourage our employees to take control of their careers and achieve their professional goals through hands-on training and structured learning and development programs.
You will have the opportunity to specialize in a wide variety of industry sectors. As you progress professionally, you will acquire industry knowledge and work directly with owners and high-level executives.
We understand the need for a balance between work and family obligations and make sure that the needs of our employees and clients are met. Our international presence and reputation for quality makes our firm an exciting place in which you can achieve professional excellence.
We are always looking for new candidates to join our winning team.
Position: Senior Associate, Audit
We are seeking suitably qualified high performing senior associates to join our Audit team. You will be responsible for the execution of the Baker Tilly’s risk-based audit approach and leading audit teams in servicing our portfolio of international and local clients.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Audit of financial statements; plan and execute audit fieldwork and statutory reporting process
- Prepare reports to client senior management and audit committees
- Effectively supervise the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and technical issues
- Supervise audit assignments including the meeting of timelines, team briefings, budget monitoring, supervision and delivery of audit work
- Work on other- and non-assurance services for our clients
- Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients business processes
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting framework (IFRS) and related financial reporting matters
- Demonstrate ability to oversee multiple engagements across different industries
- Coach and develop the junior professionals/ team members
Your professional experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of audit experience (Big 4 is a plus)
- Fully or partly qualified ACCA/ACA
- A good understanding of IFRS and other financial reporting frameworks, e.g. US GAAP
- IT literate
- Able to display initiative, proactivity, professionalism and confidence
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure with a flexible approach
- Ability to think outside the box, solve problems and think logically
- Ability to travel overseas for business
How to apply?
Send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org